So the question is, how does it compare to rival super-tele zooms? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfY2zAdgzJM. Re: AF speed , Tamron 150-600mm A011 vs. Tamron 150-600mm A022 , video. It has improved optics and weather sealing, effective image stabilization, and solid build. Compared to Sigma 150-600mm f/5.0-6.3 DG OS HSM “Contemporary”. The new DJI Mavic Mini 2 includes several notable improvements over the original Mavic Mini, including 4K video, Raw photo capability, and DJI's robust OcuSync 2.0 transmission system. The 80-400 is an excellent, but expensive lens to take on trips where photographing wildlife is not your primary purpose. For fine art, the Sport has something about it that I can't define with regular optical terms. 2.2m minimum focusing distance – 1:3.9 maximum magnification for close-ups 4. I sold my G1 about a week ago but without side to side comparison, my gut feel is that the G2 is a significantly better lens. http://mdougherty.com/100-THEPHOTOEXPERIENCE/130-FLORA-1/misc-tamron/00-flora1-misc-intro-scroll-htm.htm. The SP 150-600mm G2 ultra-telephoto lens with upgraded optical performance enables handheld shooting with remarkable definition. The answer is…none. Better resolution from corner to corner and optimized for use with today's higher pixel-density cameras, Reduced MOD from 106.3 in (8.9 ft) to 86.6 in (7.2 ft), Improved Max. I just found a link that compares all the long zoom lenses. It just has a really beautiful image quality about it under certain lighting conditions. Copyright (c) 2017. VIEW COMPARISON ADD MORE. I don't know if if has that special quality about it. Tamron maintains its conventional Zoom Lock switch for use during transport. Whether you’re just sharing clips with friends or you’re launching an online on-camera career, vlogging matters. If you're looking for a high-quality camera, you don't need to spend a ton of cash, nor do you need to buy the latest and greatest new product on the market. VC MODE 3 prioritizes the stabilization of the captured images and forgoes the stabilization of the viewfinder image. Improved Usability: New lightweight Arca-Swiss style tripod mount. And even compared to the Tamron G2 (A022) it is a little lighter. Alternatively get yourself a copy of my In Camera book or treat me to a coffee! But it certainly earns a Recommended rating. All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1998 - 2020 Digital Photography Review All Rights Reserved. The Sigma “C” is much lighter and cheaper than its bigger brother. The lens surface is easier to wipe clean and is less vulnerable to the damaging effects of dirt, dust, moisture and fingerprints. If that´s the case, then i will give it a try. But the A011 stayed at the MDF for much longer before starting to focus towards infinity. An improved image quality combined with a good image stabilization, improved sealing, shorter minimum focus distance, and an acceptable size and weight makes Tamron’s new 4x super-telephoto a compelling package. The Nikon also offers effective image stabilization, fast and reliable AF, and a maximum magnification of 1:4, but it’s also 300g heavier than the Tamron – although comfortably below the weight of the Sigma “Sports”. This certainly is a service that Tamron does not offer. And  because the tripod mount is made of lightweight magnesium, it’s much easier to dry. The Sigma “Sports” is a larger and much heavier lens than the Tamron. IF I DON'T RESPOND TO YOUR POST AFTER YOU RESPONDED TO MINE THAT MEANS YOU ARE ON MY IGNORE LIST OR I DON'T HAVE THE ANSWER.Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com, I don’t put much weight into such test for af speeds, it’s about as useful as revving an engine in neutral to gauge how it does in the ¼ mile. AF speed , Tamron 150-600mm A011 vs. Tamron 150-600mm A022 , video.