Be patient, it can take a while for the change to show up. In the later versions As you can see, the 2nd rule has the same settings We basically only get one shot at the sync and want to make sure it is going to match up the first time. usually it is the mail attribute field, or in the case of an Exchange ResourceForest, However, the user lost all contents of his mailbox and onedrive. attribute and that is used for the anchor. In a new series of posts we will be looking at the influence of the ImmutableID and Cross-Forest Anchor (name given by me, not sure if it is the actual name for it) in an ADMT cross-forest migration scenario. If you take a LDIFDE dump in your local AD for one of your users, it will show ObjectGuid in base64 format which is also stamped to a user attribute in Cloud in form like this-->kN8S1Drw2EmZLzNuUGvh/A== OK, Thank you. This is because we don’t want to interrupt the UPN routing between the two domains as part of the forest trust. On the FORESTROOT connector, we are going to perform some investigations (to learn what happens). This sometimes includes ultra-affordable laptops, and you still save $99 annually on an Office 365 subscription. system in this case) and the attributes that have been read from the user. actually pushes the changes to the connected system. I am having soft match issues with 2 users specifically. All Rights Reserved. (DWORD) under HKLM/CCS/Control/LSA, Enable Account Management Audit (success / First, when you open the properties of a user account object, this object should have the email address field filled out (the primary SMTP address for the user)–so be sure that is the case first. to AAD Connect, and then added the source domain. duplicateuser@azureinfra.com I’ve come across this issue a few times before, and haven’t found one solution to the problem, but gathered information from 3-4 other articles and sites, mixed in a delicious cocktail of my own experience. I assume you are familiar with signing in to Office 365 via Powershell, you’ll need it in a minute , if not, I’ve included the few steps to get going. So the goal is to have this match username@domain.com again, and not username@tenant.onmicrosoft.com. forest all together, so we’d need to install AAD Connect again anyway. | Disclaimer: You are 100% responsible for your own IT Infrastructure, applications, services and documentation. The image above shows the export attributes (to AAD) for JaneDoe (which used to be Jon Doe), with a new sourceAnchor (4uYO…. Hello! Each Connector also has a connector soft SMTP matching (using the SMTP field) throws up errors in the dirsync… so we have users appear in o365 like this; scl.test@somedomain.onmicrosoft.com – Synced from AD It keeps track of all the imported and ready to be exported objects. First is the what I call Cross-Forest If you are setting up Directory Synchronization from scratch (there are no users in the cloud yet), then Azure AD Connect will be pretty straightforward–the on-premises objects (and passwords if you choose that option) will be synchronized to the cloud, and you can assign services to the user accounts from there. The users get removed from the metaverse (as Set-MsolUser : Uniqueness violation. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. So an important lesson now, the order of the rules in the Office 365 E5 is a cloud-based suite of productivity apps combined with advanced voice, analytics, security, and compliance services. that bad, but we will see in a later chapter how to avoid this from happening. First, Jon Doe in FORESTROOT. Your email address will not be published. In the target.local domain I have a member server that will Or in other words, how can we make sure to keep the AAD (/Office 365) user the same, while migrating the backend user between forests. | Privacy: We will never collect personal information about you as a visitor except for standard traffic logs automatically generated by our web server and Google Analytics. I like to write about things that interest me and share them with my friends & co-workers. As you can see, the first two rules are the User Join rules. Some other object or account has those emails in use, and they can only be represented one time. The one reason I’ve seen the most, is when an AD object has been attempted synchronized, with the wrong UPN suffix (Office 365 will automatically give it the default UPN of user@tenant.onmicrosoft.com. Sync\UIShell and open MIISClient.exe, Under the connectors tab, we see 3 connectors, one to the See this article. I had a question from a colleague, about a customer, who was using Office 365 and had a local AD. You need to delete it from the recycle bin. Learn how your comment data is processed. Enter your email domain name and click Add. ExtraErrorDetails: This allows us to review the configuration, the exported objects and if indeed our ruleset and settings replace the backend accounts on our AAD users, rather than creating new ones, or removing them! So the goal is to have this match username@domain.com again, and not username@tenant.onmicrosoft.com. Start of by locating the user in the OU that is not synced with O365. Do you know if the Express Hybrid Migration single sync will sync the attributes necessary to match the AD user with the accounts that are already in Office 365. Connect-MsolService –Credential $O365Cred, $O365Session = New-PSSession –ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell -Credential $O365Cred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection, Next, import the Active Directory CMDLets, In my lab setup, I have AADConnect installed on a Domain Controller (This is now fully supported by Microsoft btw ). Hey! It is added to the metaverse with a sourceAnchor of pPkD….. during a normal synchronization. Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2647098 for more information on identifying objects with duplicate attribute values. In the Azure AD / Office 365 cloud. TARGET\targetduplicate              e-mail: Quick question. This is the 1:1 copy of the AD information, but it’s not yet in the metaverse itself. The link between the two can be based on any attribute, but Would softmatching work after an initial sychronization was done? Got another certification :) see the “About” section. While Forestroot.local is based on Windows 2016, TARGET is based on 2012R2, just for the sake of showing this will work also on older AD implementations. (which can happen in a faulty config). FORESTROOT$$$, Create the Registry Entry: TcpClientSupport = 1 If running in complex environments, choose your attribute wisely. It should be fine as long as the accounts are unique, you have the UPN’s setup properly, etc. of AAD Connect, when choosing Let Azure manage the source anchor, the This attribute identifies a single user having two accounts (one in This can be done by clicking Preview.. If you want to connect, find me on Facebook or Twitter. I’m working on tracking it down. In Office 365, you will also want to make sure the sign-in name is the same as on-premises, using the correct UPN suffix for the email domain name. For example, if your organization previously migrated mailboxes to Office 365 using the cutover method or a third party tool. When you login to the portal and view your active users again, you should see a field describing the synchronization status, and each account from the on-premises directory should read “Synced with Active Directory.”. This can be accomplished with Enable-RemoteMailbox cmdlet. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Right click the connector and select Search Connector Space. Thanks for this article which I found really useful kicking off my project to migrate a bunch of users using hard matching. scl.test@somedomain.com – In The Cloud. Note that you can also bulk-select accounts and make this suffix change on many objects at once. The system Great Article! In Exchange Online, you can also see that the primary SMTP address matches what we have listed in the on-premises account. Before actually moving/importing the user in the metaverse, we can run a simulation. Now take a look under the Account tab, and you should see the user logon name followed by a suffix. I had hoped that I could have got the accounts to merge in o365, but the only way I’ve managed to do this is to delete the on premise AD account and recreate it using the UPN of the o365 account.. The mistake can happen for various reasons. Your contact information is safe, and will not be made available to third parties at any price. Unable to update this object because the following attributes associated with this object have values that may already be associated with another object in your local directory services: [Mail user01@domain.com;]. as this applies to FORESTROOT. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. It’s available on my blog here https://cloudwyse.blogspot.com/2019/02/migrate-o365-mailboxes-using-hard.html. We have tried everything wrt soft match but cannot correct this issue. we will see later), or two accounts are created in AAD. [{“Key”:”ObjectIdInConflict”,”Value”:[“399e288c-1efe-4f7d-898c-52828febf77d”]},{“Key”:”AttributeConflictName”,”Value”:[“Mail”]},{“Key”:”AttributeConflictValues”,”Value”:[“user01@domain.com”]}]. In my case the user is Test User 5 (tu05). The only reason I select custom is to use OU filtering (leave certain objects out of the sync scope). But given we are now going joins, renames, etc). For the CSV in a hard match scenario, would I use $username, $ADUSer, and $O365User as the fields? Click it and select properties (or double click). failure) in the Default Domain Controller Policy, Add admt-admin to the Built-in\Administrators This means that when importing objects, they are My posts on the ImmutableID seem to continue attraction from all over the world, and thus, let’s continue the fun.