FileNm = "C:\Users\Desktop\VBA Tests\ADOBE\5471\Form 5471 Template MacroV2.pdf". Am I missing something here? This is basic VB/VBA and has nothing to do with the Acrobat SDK. by Mike Baxle » Sat, 08 Jun 2002 07:26:53, I'm creating a forms program using Visual Basic .NET and Acrobat 5.0. Set avDoc = Nothing. My project just grabs a bunch of pdf files and merges them. Without running the code with the actual template, this is what I can offer. I will figure out the rest on my own. Set pdDoc = Nothing. Then I loop through the rest of the files and append them to the first doc. In the UI and scripting this is made to seem part of Save processing but it is not. Just methodology and the logic is fine. After dimensioning the PDDoc object, you can use the GetPDDoc method of the AVDoc object to set it. Top. Organize and remove pages within your PDF to further customize your document. Look at the saveAs method in the Acrobat JavaScript Reference. It helps others who browse. Call PDDoc. Create a PDF document from your favorite app by choosing the Save As PDF or Export to PDF option from the menu. Extracting pages from your PDF allows you to create individual documents from the extracted pages. Call PDDoc.Save using the PDSaveLinearized flag. Try to open the pdf template and fill it by hand... does it allow you to enter a number? Then I loop through the rest of the files and append them to the first doc. Dears, I have an little problem in controlling Acrobat DC with VBA (Acess 2013). Post questions and get answers from experts. PDSaveLinearized = 4 '&H4 'Writes a … Bill Look for the method flattenPages in the Acrobat Javascript Reference. 'Constants for PDDoc save flags. Querying PDDoc Permissions. PDSaveCopy = 2 '&H2 'Save the file in a linearized fashion. Close. From there you can use the Save method of the PDDoc object. Or am I just doing something completely wrong? I have an little problem in controlling Acrobat DC with VBA (Acess 2013). I hope that helps. The documentation does show what type is returned by the Save() function. appologize, I ment accessible (i.e. PDSaveCopy — Write a copy of the file into the file specified by szFullPath, but keep using the old file. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. 6. By creating a PDF, you provide a single file type to your viewers that displays your content the way you intend, no matter what software you use to create the design. Public Enum PDSaveFlags 'Write changes only. szFullPath. I think that I need to flatten the form fields. Hi my name is Ross, I'm an independent advisor. Open a PDF file that you wish to conform to PDF/A; Choose File> Save As; The Save As Window appears. End If 'Close the PDF; the True parameter prevents the Save As dialog from showing. VARIANT_BOOL Save(short nType, BSTR szFullPath); Specifies the way in which the file should be saved. My project just grabs a bunch of pdf files and merges them. Organize Pages provides you with a 10,000-foot view which allows you to remove pages, insert or replace pages from other PDFs, rotate pages that are shown the wrong way, or even combine or split PDFs, allowing you to personalize your documents for each group or person intended to view it. I try to run a macro that pulls data from excel and populates Acrobat adobe pdf (I work with adobe dc). At the Set PDDoc line I get the Runtime Error 91 "Object variable or Wih block not Set" but I dont have any Idea why. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents. Adobe - Acrobat Developer Center | Adobe Developer Connection, Rotate | move | delete and renumber PDF pages. ASPathName imagepath ="E:\\Acrobat 10 SDK\\TestData\\Image.png". 13. avDoc.Close (True) 'Some cleaning. Follow our step-by-step instructions in short task-oriented articles and learn specific time-saving tools you need to get started. Dreamweaver 3.0 - Lost ability to save files using Save As Command - MacOS. Set avDoc = CreateObject("AcroExch.AVDoc"), jso.getfield("3").Value = SchABOY1 '<--- This is where I get the issue, pdDoc.Save PDSaveCopy, NewFilename & Sh1.Cells(5, 2).Value & ".pdf", 'Close the PDF; the True parameter prevents the Save As dialog from showing. . I do post sample code, but alwayswith the assumption that it's just a sample and not something that should or can be used by just copying it. imagepath = ASFileSysCreatePathName(NULL, ASAtomFromString("Cstring"),  str, 0); PDDocSave(NewDoc, PDSaveFull | PDSaveLinearized, imagepath, NULL, NULL, NULL); Plugins should be using the AVConversion APIs. Would appreciate some help. If this response answers your question then please mark as Answer. Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site. – Choose PDF/A from the Save As type list at the bottom of the window. You can add a test to see if the AcroApp.GetActiveDoc returns a valid document: Thats it ! I tried putting PDSaveFull, but that didn't show up in intellisense and it gave me an error, then i tried to put 1, but that just returned false. This flag can only be specified if PDSaveFull is also used. I have added a COM reference to Acrobat. I have added a COM reference to Acrobat. What does you mean with "non accisible pdf" ? 3. cannot change the content of the box through the filled boxes). You cannot program for Acrobat without the Acrobat SDK (which is mainly documentation). What you are missing is that the code that was presented by the original poster is not the whole program. I've run a very thorough search online and have yet to see VBA code that is capable of saving an already opened PDF file into a user-specified directory. Southeast Asia (Includes Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) - English, الشرق الأوسط وشمال أفريقيا - اللغة العربية. I'm using the SDK in C#. I'd be happy to help with your issue. PDDoc's left open when using AVDocOpenFromPDDocWithParams(), 10. strDefaultPrinter = Application.Printer.DeviceName Set Application.Printer = Application.Printers("Adobe PDF") 'Create the Registry Key where Acrobat looks for a file name CreateNewRegistryKey HKEY_CURRENT_USER, _ "Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\PrinterJobControl" 'Put the output filename where Acrobat could find it SetRegistryValue HKEY_CURRENT_USER, _ "Software\Adobe\Acrobat …